Tuesday, May 5, 2009

new old glads

Firstly, has anyone ever ordered anything from PiperLime? The insides of the box are kind of worth it...



I think I'm going to rip the side flaps off and save them for limey postcards.

Second, if you're in the market for sandals for summer, might I recommend my bestest friends: Cynthia Vincent Dinah gladiators. I was in a panic last week thinking that I'd wear my first pair to shreds and be left alone and sandal-less for the rest of the year. And after 2 days of sandal shopping in New York, still empty handed, things were looking bad. Until I found them on PiperLime. Joy of joys, I now have a back up pair.



They also come in black and chartreuse suede... but the brown is so nice. And goes with absolutely everything. Seriously I've probably worn these 300 times since I bought them last spring. If that's not a recommendation, I don't know what is. Unless you hate gladiators. Or sandals in general. Or my taste. Which is fine. I'm not known for my estilo, necessarily.

And as you can see, they break in nicely. I'm not really looking forward to the stiffness of my new ones. But I'm comforted by their new home in my closet.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

The packaging from Piperlime is amazing, I would definitely save it too. I love the sandals especially the brown.

Celia said...

sandals that go with every outfit! what could possibly be better?

two brunettes said...

I ordered shoes from there over a year ago and still have the box and the inside card! Its great. Adorable sandals too!

One Love Photo said...

good tip and I love seeing the contrast of the old and new. the old look very well loved!

Katie said...

These are fantastic...I live in sandals year round (me...California girl!?!) and have been shopping for a new pair! Thanks for sharing this fun little story : )

Michelle May said...

i love piperlime packaging! thank you for taking the time to post this. it makes me so happy to open the box. brilliance! your post cracked me up because I talk about those cute little limes. nice!

east side bride said...

Those sandals are rad.

Um but when I ordered flip flops from piper lime I'm pretty sure I was not treated to the fancy fancy box. A*holes.

nath said...

beautiful. old and new.